(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game?

4 posters

Go down

[Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game? Empty [Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game?

Post by glowworm Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:11 am

This might sound really dumb, but I don't know which file starts the game. I would think it's the RagII file, but at first, when I clicked it, I got the hackshield thing and I hit OK, then it launched the Korean RO2 website...didn't know where to go then, so I did the hackshield patch, as recommended. Now, when I click RagII, I get an error like this: "start to 'ragnarok2.exe'.!" Then I click OK, and nothing happens. So, either I'm not hitting the right file, or it just doesn't work for me. I don't really see any other possible launcher files besides selfpatch and updaters... In the guide from the download pages, it says to open the AegisRO2 client.exe, but I don't see any files with that name. I've restarted a few times, did the hackshield thing, restarted again....what else can I do? None of the other problems in your sticky post seem related to my problem, so I haven't tried anything else.

glowworm

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

[Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game? Empty Re: [Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game?

Post by DaveFS Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 am

Try clicking on the "AegisRO2updater.exe" file.That should solve your problem.
DaveFS
DaveFS

Number of posts : 37
In Game Name : Shouhei [Retired] / DaveFS[Aion]
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

[Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game? Empty Re: [Vista - RO2] Which file launches the game?

Post by glowworm Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:16 am

Thanks a bunch. ^^

But now every time I exit the game, I get an error, followed by a game crash. Here's the error:

Critical Error
No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 25 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (7519)

General protection fault!

History:

...and that's it. I looked up crashes like this on the forums, but there was no answer...maybe it just can't be solved. I can deal with the crash on exit (not like it's preventing me from playing), but I hope it doesn't affect my PC in any bad kind of way.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or if it's because of the server going down, but I can't find the character I made earlier... Suspect

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFS Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:39 am

I also get that error every time I exit the game as well but from the looks of things it should affect anything on your computer.As for the character problem,dunno about that one but try re logging and see if that helps.
DaveFS
DaveFS

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:01 am

I've relogged a few times, but still can't find her. It's ok, though..she was only a test. Smile I made another test character, and she's still there, so it's all good. ^^ Thanks for your replies!

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFS Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:06 am

Hmmm could be the creation didn't go through or the name was already taken but not quite sure on that.Glad to see everything worked out.

Problem Solved
DaveFS
DaveFS

Back to top Go down

Post by wenzer Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:08 pm

glowworm wrote:Thanks a bunch. ^^

But now every time I exit the game, I get an error, followed by a game crash. Here's the error:

Critical Error
No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 25 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (7519)

General protection fault!

History:

...and that's it. I looked up crashes like this on the forums, but there was no answer...maybe it just can't be solved. I can deal with the crash on exit (not like it's preventing me from playing), but I hope it doesn't affect my PC in any bad kind of way.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or if it's because of the server going down, but I can't find the character I made earlier... Suspect

i got that error time ago too, it's something with the current version of the launcher and your computer hardware.... with the time errors dissapears just installing newest clients and drivers for hardware....

i must say, most of the errors occur because it's a beta (must remember that).... with any new update the server becomes more stable each time.

cya around Very Happy
wenzer
wenzer

In Game Name : wenzer
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondie Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm

uhm that has to do with the hackshield. Vista users really will have such errors. Smile
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Number of posts : 342
In Game Name : Chutsie/[GM]Mondie
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://aegisn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum