(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2...

5 posters

Go down

[Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2... Empty [Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2...

Post by TylerMaya Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 am

So, I've downloaded the whole thing and the client and all that. When we go to the updater, it says everything is there. We hit the start game and it says that files are missing and the like. So I looked in the common problems thread and found that my RagII file was missing, so I put it in. Now its saying that my "Core.dll" file is missing. Now, I don't know what I did wrong, but it seems like I'm missing a lot of files. Did I install it wrong or something? Help would be greatly appreciated.

TylerMaya

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

[Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2... Empty Re: [Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2...

Post by Dragoon Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 pm

sounds like your antivirus removed some parts
Dragoon
Dragoon
Game Masters

Number of posts : 65
In Game Name : DragoonDart/[sub-GM]Dart
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

[Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2... Empty Re: [Vista user] My friend and I are having problems with RO2...

Post by Mondie Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Indeed. Please refer to this thread. =) You might find the answers there.

https://aegisn.forumotion.com/client-support-f9/vista-can-t-get-past-the-launcher-screen-t341.htm#2687
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Number of posts : 342
In Game Name : Chutsie/[GM]Mondie
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://aegisn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sloantech Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 pm

antivirus wont touch anything bug ragii.exe...
sloantech
sloantech

Number of posts : 53
In Game Name : Fooby
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.yggro2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragoon Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 pm

my mcaffe deleted ragii.exe once but when i looked at closer, it said it deleted 2 dll's too
Dragoon
Dragoon
Game Masters

Number of posts : 65
In Game Name : DragoonDart/[sub-GM]Dart
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TylerMaya Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Well, apparently I'm missing entire folders worth of stuff, and I used the downloads that you had on the download page. In the directions for the things that Vista users have to do (the changing of file names and all that) the folder that's for the HackShield stuff is totally missing, and I've dug through the other folders to try and find it. So either the way I unpacked the rar files was totally wrong or something, because for the record, I don't really have an antivirus program to eat things...
I'll delete the unpacked stuff and try again, but if I could get a list of things that I should have and where they go that might be extremely helpful, you know?

TylerMaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:25 pm

i am going to make a fullinstaller, so when it still fails next sunday you can download the new one ^^.

still, i hope you can resolve it this way ^^
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by TylerMaya Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 am

It's all okay now! My friend who managed to figure it out helped me replace files and make sure it all worked. So I'm all set with playing!

Thanks for helping!

TylerMaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am

have fun playing Very Happy
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down