(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen

5 posters

Go down

[Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen Empty [Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen

Post by Lunnie Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 am

Alright, so I know several threads about this error have been made before and none of them have an answer for me. I've gone through all the fix steps listed on this board and I still seem to be running in the same error. I reinstalled the game and the patch in three different ways too and nothing.

I've installed my RO2 client, booted my computer, installed the patch, updated my framework, changed the .ini langcode number, used the ragII.exe file, did the hacksheild file name change and I still seem to be getting the same error about a missing file.

Here's a screenshot: Click

Do you have any other step suggestions as to what I can do or am I just cursed and stuck?

Update: Now I get a nice new error saying "Cannot find "Core.dll". >_> WTH am I doing wrong this time? -sighs-

Lunnie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

[Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen Empty Re: [Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen

Post by bardiel Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:36 pm

I also had the same problem :O

anyone please help us

bardiel

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

[Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen Empty Re: [Vista] Can't get past the launcher screen

Post by Mondie Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:23 pm

I think these errors you must be experiencing must be related to the framework or your antivirus =S. Have you both tried to turn off your AV and install everything [including microsoft .net framework]
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Number of posts : 342
In Game Name : Chutsie/[GM]Mondie
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://aegisn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:27 pm

I already put the AV right Very Happy

but in fact, I don't found core.dll in system folder....

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 pm

well here is the core.dll, if this is not working il try to upload a system folder for the ones who have problems.

core.dll download
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:02 pm

thanks Elixa for your consideration Smile

but now is "Can't find Engine.dll" ^_____^a

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunnie Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Ah yeah, it's looking for the Engine.dll for me too now. And my anti-virus has no problem with the game either so I know that isn't the problem.

I think it would probably just be easier if you did in fact upload the entire system folder. -nods-

Perhaps the version of RO2 I downloaded had missing files in the system or something. I'm not too sure.

Thanks for your time.

Lunnie

Back to top Go down

Post by NiKuni Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Then probably yes, you are missing the actual game and only have the client files.
For a clean installation, download the full client (contains Ro2 + client) and after installing it, download the small client (contains an updated client) and install, just overwrite everything.
NiKuni
NiKuni
Game Masters

Number of posts : 108
In Game Name : NiKuni
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:55 am

I installed the 1.01 Gb client and small patch from Aegis

download the full client (contains Ro2 + client)

huh? so there are 2 client? the Ro2 and main client? so which is the 1.01 Gb?

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by NiKuni Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:10 am

I meant that the full client (the 1gb sized one) contains the whole game, plus the aegisro2 client. A client is merely a tool you need to connect to the server, the other part is the game itself, the textures, sounds, frames, etc. That is know as the Ro2 Client, and the full patch contains both of them.

The small client contains an updated version of the aegisro2 client, which only contains the neccesary files for you to connect, and not the whole game, for the people who already have Ro2 and want to play here without downloading the whole 1gb size file.
However, you still must get the small client if you got the full one, because without the update, some npcs wont talk to you (like the prontera cattleya npc)
NiKuni
NiKuni
Game Masters

Number of posts : 108
In Game Name : NiKuni
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:02 am

http://www.filefront.com/14073303/System.rar

here is the system folder, you have to do the vista steps first!
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunnie Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:20 am

I have the 1.01 GB thing which is the actual game PLUS the Aegis patch file required to play on this server. I'm still missing files anyway.

The link to the system file download is not working and the Vista steps have also been done, several times.

Lunnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondie Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:40 am

Probably Anti Virus is auto deleting some files =S There are a lot of false positives in the system folder, that's why probably you get errors.

Here's the direct link to the system.rar
http://download45.filefront.com/novdcc50ybog/14073303/System.rar

edit: rawr, XD didn't see the post about that AV.. well anyway, i think its best to turn them off (whether AV or Anti spyware or anti malware or whatever. XD)
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 am

thank you very much, I 'll try it right away Very Happy

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunnie Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Alright soooooo the system file did not work. However, being the persistent individual I am (I'm not kidding, I downloaded the original RO on a 56k modem connection once), I do have an update/solution.

I believe that my original RO2 install is at fault. (I did not get it from your download page.)

I've gone through the process of redownloading the RO2 game file, the 1.01 GB file, from the source you've provided on your website. I reinstalled, patched it up, did the Vista fixes and everything and voila, the game works!

-Celebrates.-

Its unfortunate that I was unable to find a solution to the previous problem, but the game works and that is a good thing.

I thank you all for your time and contribution with my problem.

Lunnie

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:47 pm

oh noess, my download failed Crying or Very sad I wasted 860Mb sob sob, it's a pity filefront had no resume ability Crying or Very sad

@Lunnie
at least, a bright hope from people that share the same problem Laughing

if the problem's solved, I guess what I need to do is re-download ONCE AGAIN lawl

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondie Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Good luck on that then! I'm rootin' for ya! Very Happy
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 am

failed again.... Sad

is there any mirror for the client? it seems filefront does not really stable at my place

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by bardiel Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

it worked!

when i redownload the client from your link, it work without problem Very Happy, most of my friends who download it from torrent was facing many problems.

i think you need to announce in sticky thread about it Very Happy

thx very much for your time and work, problemo solved Crying or Very sad

bardiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum