(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swordman Ultimate Guide

+3
munki
Tuna
Shinful
7 posters

Go down

Swordman Ultimate Guide Empty Swordman Ultimate Guide

Post by Shinful Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:26 am

Okay, here's a guide on building a swordman. This is 100% based on my experience playing in Aegis. So, it's pretty amateur, eventho I put "ultimate" on the topic title.. BWAHWHAWH!

(i) Starting the game
(ii) Grinding
(iii) Weapon
(iv) Status
(v) Skills
(vi) Equipments

(i) Starting the game
You start the game as a novice. After you made your character and watch the prologue (which most likely you won't understand, since it is in Korean), you will be teleported to Adventurers Training Center.
In this place, you will be taught about how to play the game. It's really up to you if you wanna do all the tutorial. However, I don't think it's necessary.You'll get the idea on how to play the game as you start killing those monsters ;].
So, if you decide not to dothe tutorial, use the "Stone of Promise" (at the bottom left corner of the screen). It would take you out from the building.
Annnnnddd it begins!!
Grind a bit, then after you reach jlvl 5, go to hodemimes through the portal on the west side of the map. In that town, go to "Cattleya" on the west of the town. Go ahead! change your job to a swordman!! BWAHWHAH! (Note: you can put on skills from other jobs [exp: novice's skills] by using the "Special Abilities" menu.)

Don\'t bother to do quests. In this server, other than quest to get equipments, the quests are prett much useless. you'll gt more exp grinding (well..., it's 35X normal rate! lol)

(ii) Grinding
lvl 1-20
Aite! Lemme tell you, the first pukui is the hardest!! However, there's a trick on how to kill it!
PUT YOUR \"QUICK BLOW\" SKILL ON!
How to do it? First, open your inventory window (Press "I"), then double click the two books there (those are skill books.) Then, open your skill window (Press "K"). Now you can see those two skills on the window. Drag and put "quick blow" in one of the hotkeys.
Now, pick your Pukui, and start spamming that skill!

After your first pukui, you'll be around lvl 3. And your weapon will also be ready for an upgrade. (How to upgrade a weapon? Go to a blacksmith, you need to upgrade it there before it gains more exp. As for the first blacksmith, he's at the northern part of Adventurers Training Ground.)
Keep killing mobs in that map until you reach lvl 20 or higher.
By that time, you'll be ready for a job change. (Please refer to part (i) on this matter)
TIPS:
1. Don't forget to loot all the stuff and sell it to a trader NPC to get you some ruffi.
2. Get and use the 3 minutes soup from mobs, it will make you run faster.
3. Collect all healing items you found. Or, buy some sweet potatoes (1 ruffi each) from Sez Lanes [item seller]. Get at least 50 of them to guarantee a good poring killing time in the near future~
4. For me, "quicken attacks" and "quick blows" are the only skills needed. Some skills are still buggy, so why bother using them? These skills are decent enough to use all the way to 99!

After that, go to hodemimes harbor and talk to an Ellir there to teleport you to Prontera Field.

lvl 20-30
Now, it's time for poring! (Hey, dun underestimate them, they're strong!! RAWR!) This is when you start to get your "real" money. Loot all the armors and sell them! (you can go to prontera, by using the portal on the top side of the map) After you think you have enough money, go to "item trader" in prontera and get some potions. At this point, Red Potion lvl 3 should be enough. You can absolutely go everywhere else in the map. In my opinion, monsters here are the most appropriate ones for this lvl.
TIPS:
1. Keep your potion counts at about 100! Spam them as you grind.
2. Buy your maps at the item seller in prontera (The city)
3. You might wanna start with Poring/Hazel and go somewhere else efter a while. Explore the world, yo!

lvl 30-40
Go to West Prontera. You can kill anything there, but in my opinion, cats are the best ones to kill.
TIPS:
1. Collect cat jewels, cat footprints (?),and cat bells. You can trade them for a Headgear from a trader in Prontera
2. Explore the map!

lvl 40-60
Go to Cognito! You can get there by taking the boat on the right in prontera harbor.
Cognito fields are the best place to grind at this lvl. Eventho lvl wise, it seems inappropriate, but believe me, it's not so easy!!
For easy grinding, you can go kill some eggs on the top part of the map.
Go further from the town to find higher lvl monsters.
PLEASE BE NOTICED! Don\'t go to cognito dungeon lvl 2. It's still buggy, you'll get stuck if you go there.
At about lvl 50 ish, you might wanna try the echo forest (or blue echo.)
TIPS:
1. Use high lvl potions! (at the moment, you can use higher lvl potions eventhough you haven't reached that lvl.)
2. There are some eggs in the area, kill them for easy grind! However, U gotta becareful! sometimes they attack! you need to move a bit until it stop hitting you. Eggs can be found in the north part of West Cogito Field, and some in Blue Echo.

lvl 60-99
Alfheim field! ;]
You can go to Alfheim by teleporting from prontera (Use the wing of wind in front of Prontera's Cattleya.) Alfheim forest is on the west side of the town. Start killing monsters there! it doesn't really matter.... Just kill them all!!
If you wanna get some lvl 65 armors, you can go to Poroporo island. Different monsters drop different types of armor. They're a little rare. So, if you can't get them in your first 5 minutes, don't give up! I was there too! lol~ just be patient.
TIPS:
1. If you want to farm some soups, you can go kill Goblins. They drop soups almost 100%.
2. You might wanna avoid that Frozen beach. It's so laggy! It's hard to grind there, especially as a meelee fighter.
3. The fire dungeon is still not working properly, you might also want to avoid it. But, it's really up to you to explore.

(iii) Weapon
One basic knowledge about weapon is that you need to take the weapon to blacksmith to upgrade it when it's ready! U'll know when it's ready! ;]
You'll get your weapon (Long sword) when you change your job. Just pick "Change job and weapon".
Use the "Stone of Promise" to go back and forth from town to your grinding place. (Read the description of the "Stone of promise" carefully! it would do exactly as it says! ;]) Use it as you need it!

I've made an auge drop list in the forum. Take a look HERE!
Auge is strictly for look. It has nothing to do with your attack power!

Other stones you can put in your weapon is Karma and Alter stones.

Up until now, I still couldn't find the karma stone for long sword.

You can buy alter stones from equipments seller in any town. You can find higher lvl alter stones as you move from Hodemimes, Prontera, Cognito, to Alfheim (So are the skills!) You can put up to 4 alter stones on high lvled weapon.
I think, the best alter stones to put are:

For grinding:
2 alter stones that increase min. atk power
2 alter stones that increase max. atk power

For MVP-ing or PVP-ing (later in the future):
4 alter stones that increase max. atk power

(iv) Status
Putting on status in RO2 is much simpler and straight forward than it was in RO. As a swordman, you wanna put every point you got on STR. After you reach the maximum point (150), use it for DEX. Atk speed is not working yet, so don't bother to raise your CON for now.

You can always restart your status at the Ellir NPC near Mr. Pitt at prontera. It's FREE!

(v) Skills
Take a look at the list of skills here!.
-Thx to corni123 for the list -

You can buy these skills at cattleya. There's nothing limiting your ability to learn skills except your jlvl (and your zenny ;])
You can get them at: Hodemimes, Prontera, Cognito, and Alfheim (lower lvl to higher lvl)

Unfortunately, some of the skills are still buggy. So, personally, I think using quicken attack and quick blow is good enough to grin up until lvl 99. Other skills can be used to increase LP. You can put other skills for later use.
Note: don't worry about your MP consumption. The MP recovery in this server is so high that you don't hve to get any blue potion.

LP.
The value of LP is shown beside your HP bar on the status window at the top left of your screen.
LP can be obtained by using some skills. It is used to cast other skills (So, some skills give you LP and some skills used up the LP.) Different skills may need different amount of LP. Look at the skill descriptions for furter details.

After a while, your LP will go down. However, if you keep hitting stuff, the number will be maintained.

(vi) Equipments

The list of armor drops can be found here

TIPS!
1. Wear the highest lvl armor you could find.
2. Some bonuses are not working (exp: attack speed, maximum attack, min. attack.) So, just use ones that add HP, MP, def, str, int, dex, or con.
3. Lvl 65 armors can be found at poroporo island (please refer to part (ii) about this)
4. Lvl 85 armors can be obtained from costumized NPCs at alfheim.
5. You can always wear novice armor (can be bought from equipment sellers.) Sometime it's better off to use novice armor than swordie armor, depends on what you're looking for.

I think that's enough for now.... I'll put more info about equipments and other stuff later! Meanwhile, ENJOY AEGIS RO 2!!

Last edited by Shinful on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
Shinful
Shinful

Number of posts : 118
In Game Name : Sin, Shin
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Swordman Ultimate Guide Empty Re: Swordman Ultimate Guide

Post by Tuna Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 am

Damn O.O nice guide... Make an enchantie one too Very Happy
Tuna
Tuna
Game Masters

Number of posts : 295
In Game Name : Tuna / [GM]Tuna
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by munki Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Very Very Good Guide. Make some screenys if u can. just to give it some fflaaaaavvouuuurrrrrrr!

Well Done Sir!

Very Happy
munki
munki

Number of posts : 36
In Game Name : Munki
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by chase1991 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:16 am

erm where is the eggs i dont see any eggs in cognito
chase1991