(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Lable by going to cognito west field

+4
Kasumi
Oboro
DaveFS
psycore
8 posters

Go down

No Lable by going to cognito west field Empty No Lable by going to cognito west field

Post by psycore Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:08 am

Well, the game crashed while changing map from cognito harbour to cognito west field.

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 14 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (8618)

BeginScene failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)

History: BeginScene <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

e: Ok, same now appears if I try to log back in.

psycore

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

No Lable by going to cognito west field Empty Re: No Lable by going to cognito west field

Post by DaveFS Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:29 am

Make sure you have the latest (8.0) client installed.Should work if you do.
DaveFS
DaveFS

Number of posts : 37
In Game Name : Shouhei [Retired] / DaveFS[Aion]
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

No Lable by going to cognito west field Empty Re: No Lable by going to cognito west field

Post by Oboro Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:30 am

Did you download the latest patch and map fix? That would fix the problem once you do
Oboro
Oboro
Game Masters

Number of posts : 48
In Game Name : Oboro / [GM]Sazarai
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by psycore Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:58 am

Well, I downloaded the full client from the main page today...
Hm, I'll try the patches.

psycore

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 am

make sure you install the 8.0 patch and look in the downloads section in the main page, including the small client. Smile
Kasumi
Kasumi

Number of posts : 7
In Game Name : Aiya/Hitomi
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:43 am

I'm stuck trying to zone into that area as well... I already installed the new 8.0 small client before I started playing...maybe I'm missing something else? Vista, by the way..

glowworm

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:24 pm

uhmm,, well i think you installd the smal client in the wrong directory, try it again cause the fix is realy in that patch ^^.

(tested it on both vista and XP)
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFS Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Elixa wrote:uhmm,, well i think you installd the smal client in the wrong directory, try it again cause the fix is realy in that patch ^^.

(tested it on both vista and XP)

Adding a small note to Eli's post:
When you get to the part where it asks where you want to install the client,be sure to remove the "your RO2 folder" (if any) and replace with the full path to where you installed ARO.

Elixa: thank you ^^
DaveFS
DaveFS

Number of posts : 37
In Game Name : Shouhei [Retired] / DaveFS[Aion]
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

I did...that's why this is really confusing me. I did everything the instructions said...everything you guys said... I'll try to un/reinstall it, I guess...will it erase my characters if I do that? o.O

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiKuni Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Character data is Server side, not client side. So don't worry about that.

Just try to reinstall because you're missing some files. Probably you skipped a step somewhere.
NiKuni
NiKuni
Game Masters

Number of posts : 108
In Game Name : NiKuni
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

These were my steps: Download all 4 files (part 1, 2, 3, and small client). Unrar part 1. Install small client to this destination: Desktop>RO2 files (folder)>AegisRO2>AegisRO2 (because it's a folder in a folder). Did I miss anything? I'll let you know if reinstalling helps..

EDIT: Reinstall didn't help. Still can't access that character. Sad

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:20 pm

Uhhh..I think I fixed it! Very Happy

I did some looking around...once everything's installed and unrared, there's a folder in the AegisRO2 folder called "your AegisRO2 directory". In it, there is a folder called Res, which contains a folder called Maps... It has 3 map files in it, and I just copy/pasted them into the Maps folder located in the main AegisRO2 folder. Only one of the 3 map files was original - the cog_f02.unr file. So once I put that one in the main Maps folder, I tried to log in, and I'm now able to access my character on the cognito field map! I guess it's a common sense fix, but I didn't expect some files to be misplaced after installation. :/

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiKuni Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Uhh... you're supposed to replace "your AegisRO2 folder" on the installation with the direction you want to install it...

that's why people always get confused... -.-...
NiKuni
NiKuni
Game Masters

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 am

It's not that... I installed it in the correct place - Desktop>RO2 files (folder)>AegisRO2>AegisRO2) - as I said. I knew to change it from "your AegisRO2 folder" for installation....it wouldn't let me install it unless I changed that part anyway (I tried out of curiosity). What I'm talking about is a folder called "your AegisRO2 directory" that's in the AegisRO2 folder. Nowhere, in any instructions I've read, did it say that you have to move files from the "directory" to the main folder. Just wanted to point it out in case other people who've followed the directions still have the same problem....

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiKuni Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 am

Folder, Directory, the same.

Btw I never had any folder named like that, nor I have it right now. The only thing I can think of, is that you deleted the "Your AegisRO2 folder/directory" part and browsed your own path, but when the installer sets the new path it shows like this: "C:\AegisRo2\Your AegisRO2 directory". You were supposed to delete the your aegis directory part again or the installer would create a new folder and install the files there instead of the folder its supposed to.

Anyway, just be careful when handling the installer.
I'll try to find a way to make the patcher work so you don't have to download 1000000 patches on forums, but I'll need Eli's help to do this.
NiKuni
NiKuni
Game Masters

Back to top Go down

Post by glowworm Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am

Ok. I see what you mean. Wonder why it does that. o.O

Last edited by glowworm on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

glowworm

Back to top Go down

Post by jayem Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:30 am

All I can say after reading these posts is that she fixed it. Enough said. I honestly just don't like how the folders are organized. A folder within a folder containing the same names can be confusing (ie. AegisRO2 > AegisRO2). Glad you fixed it.

jayem

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixa Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:47 am

jea, but dont worry i am going to fix this within the new client, fcourse you do not have to downlaod it cause it contains the same files, but it will be a installer like before. (without the rar files).

i am sorry for the problems ^^, good that it is resolved Very Happy
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down