(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voting incentive :)

2 posters

Go down

voting incentive :) Empty voting incentive :)

Post by Leni!!! Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:16 am

We have a good community with a decent size. There are usually around 20 players online, yet not many seem to be voting. Maybe they forget, maybe they're just don't care, who knows.

Anyway, here are 2 ideas to stimulate voting Very Happy

1) We've been told in the past that if we manage to be number one on the charts, we'll get double the exp during weekends. This is great, in fact, it's one of the things that gets me to vote whenever I'm feeling lazy.
Apparently nobody seems to know about this double exp thing (players would probably vote if they; who doesn't like double rates?) So maybe this should be advertised more. Like maybe put it so that one sees the message when they log in?

2) Another thing that would get more players to vote would be doing a voting point system. The voting point system is used by many successful RO1 servers, and it pretty much guarantees that more players will vote.
With the vote point system, you get points every time you vote, and can exchange those points for items (these items are usually rare and hard/impossible to get in game) once you have a certain amount of points.
The vote-point system requires a user to earn a HIGH amount of points to prevent the items gained from becoming too common.
For example, you gain 100 points (the equivalent of 50 days of voting) and exchange them for a lvl.80 armor.
Also, the vote-points system only allows you to vote every 12 hours (so that your votes count for something Razz)
This should be advertised the same way as #1

voting incentive :) Vote
Leni!!!
Leni!!!

Number of posts : 59
In Game Name : Leni
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

voting incentive :) Empty Re: voting incentive :)

Post by Elixa Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 pm

it is a fantastic idea, but about the point system: that is kinda hard to implemented for RO2, cause nobody ever made it XD, for RO1 it will be easy as pie ^^

i will work on it, thanks leni!
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Leni!!! Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Smile No problem, I'm glad I was able to help.
EDIT: Also, for RO2 it could be the same system as RO1. People vote through the portal/webpage but instead of retrieving the items ingame a GM would send it through mail. The problem would be that the GMs might not know how many points a person has @__@;;
I could give you the name of some servers that use this so you know how they work.
Leni!!!
Leni!!!

Number of posts : 59
In Game Name : Leni
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum