(Former) Aegis Networks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough.

+3
Elixa
Shinful
Damian
7 posters

Go down

[GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough. Empty [GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough.

Post by Damian Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:24 pm

This is a fairly simple guide I am making for the current version of the server. It includes tips and personal experiences for people to avoid/resolve the minor encounters of bugs and stuff of the like they might stumble upon.

TIP.1: Hidden Monsters, Unable to sight Monster aggro

Many places around the server have agressive monsters that spawn in unreachable/untargetable locations. There are two situations to this:
A- The monster is past the celling. This only applies mostly in Culvert Dungeon of Prontera (Level 2 Only), as it is bugged and 90% of the monsters spawn like this.
B- The monster has spawned on top of a tree. Most common to happen with Nanis in Forest of Echo, or with Francoous in Alfheim Forest.

If you want to avoid the monster without fighting, do not stop if attacked, just run steadingly foward and it will stop targeting you after a brief while.
However, if you are seeking to actually fight the monster you can make it fall/appear by luring it around the map until it falls from where it is. Becareful! As it does not work in case A.

TIP.2: Retarded NPC won't talk to me!

You just smell bad from all the training...
This usually happens when you abnoramlly close a window while talking to an NPC. (Such as being aggroed by a monster, or using ESC.)
If it doesn't talk to you again, target another NPC/Monster/Player/Yourself and talk to it again.

TIP.3: STUPID THING SAYS I HAVEN'T LEARNED THE PRIOR LEVEL OF THIS SKILL! (Skillbook purchasing problems.)

It's probably true.
Be sure you are getting your books when buying skills, sometimes the Cattleya does not compute what you are asking him/her (Because handing you a book can be very tiring work, you see.), and you won't be actually buying the item.
It usually happens if you click too fast or you are lagging a bit, so be careful. It might just make you go back all the way back to Hodemimes for that level 2 Rapid Run~

TIP.4: I relogged inside a wall/tree/whatever!

Be careful where you log off at, my friend. Doing this atop a building or a tree, or just at a weird-leveled ground increases greatly the chances of relogging stuck inside a wall or below ground.
This happens specially around Alfheim Forest, so please try to log off in the most... normal place possible.

TIP.5: ZINOPAS! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

The biggest problem for young trainers of Alfheim Forest will probably be the Zinopa. Always keep an eye open if you die fighting at Alfheim Forest and decide to respawn at Cattleya, it is HIGHLY possible that there is a hidden/invisible Zinopa that will automatically aggro you! It spawns on the big, big tree beside the Cattleya.
You would think he wouldn't notice you all the way up there, but he does. Oh, yes he does!

TIP.6: Level your DAMN weapon.

Yes, so far there isn't any automatic weapon level. Yes, it's awfully boring to go back to town each and single time your weapon levels.
But; DO SO! At first you might not notice, but in later levels a decently leveled weapon makes HUGE differences when fencing out the damn critters you will be fighting against.

TIP.7: You don't really need to wear fugly equipment just because it gives stats.

This is rather random a tip. But if you have ever thought something like "GOD THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE, but it gives good stats..." regarding your equipment... Well, don't pay that much attention to it. Stats so far don't make that much of a difference unless you are going to fight long MVP battles, so use whatever makes your character look like you want it to look. It will make your gaming far more enjoyable than a bunch of stats, I assure you.

TIP. 8: If you are an enchanter/recruit, you do can equip shields.

Just in case some don't know, it is awfully useful.
In order to do this, you must change to thief/swordsman/clown/novice (Depending which shield you want to equip.) and SWITCH WEAPONS TO THE CLASS'.
Once you have the shield equipped, go back to your former class and once again switch weapons. Voila!
Be wary though: While changing weapons your Auges/Alters/KarmaStones effects will disappear. (And you won't get the stones back.)

TIP.9: You really don't need to change classes.

Novice might be weak regarding HP, but you can play it as your main class just as good as any of the other classes. I suggest you do it, as you will be able to carry on the skills you learn as a Novice to your next class.

TIP.10: Wings of Wind

Just in case you haven't noticed; These guys are automatic teleports around the maps. If you aren't training and want to fast-move around the maps, talk to them and you'll get teleported here and there.

TIP.11: Use Potions. The highest leveled one you can afford.

Level restrictions do not apply to potions at the moment.
Use them! The money you have is useless if not for Potions or Skillbooks. WHY WOULD YOU GO TO BATTLE WITHOUT THEM.
WHY.

TIP.12: No matter what you are doing: Join the events!

This is rather silly, but honestly. Join the events. The rewards you could get will probably make the game more fun for you.
True story.

TIP.13: /w [name]

This is the command for Whispers. For heaven's... Use it! If you already know the name of the person you are trying to ask something/check if online... Just whisper to him/her, it's more profitable.

TIP.14: Level 4x monsters drop level 4x items.

Honestly, you should notice this easily. But it is rather pointless to ask which level monsters drop which level of armors.
If you fight a monster of X level, it is likely it will drop armors of the same level.
Different level mobs drop different armors, even if the monster is the same, too. So if X monster doesn't drop your class' armor, try killing the same monster but different level.

By Cenny: Just like to add that a majority of the mobs will drop equips relivant
to their level, however there has been occasions where I have seen
level 50 mobs drop level 75 equips.

This is true, some special/higher-leveled items will be dropped irrelevant to the level of the mob. In some special occasions, Monsters will drop higher level auges than they should, too.

TIP.15: Parties.

You are able to make parties, but they are bugged. Please note that:
-If you change settings of the party while formed, it will make all the integrants' client crash and ckick you out of the server.
-If you make a party, the EXP is shared by the damage you deal to the monster. You CAN win exp from higher level parties, so long you at least HIT the enemy. lol The more damage you deal, the more exp you get! This is not modify-able unless ^ is fixed.
-Party markers on map are still not working. So it won't help you find someone or anything like that.

TIP.16: Graphics-Unneeded

Some stuff that doesn't really look all that great will consume much of your PC's RAM. If your PC is rather slow, be sure to cancel Shadows and Weather, and keep the view range of objects to Low.
This won't make your game look all that different yet it will make your client run quite better.

TIP.17: Graphics-Loading

Lower graphics won't make your screen load faster. So, if you lower your graphics because of this; don't bother, it will make no difference.
At all.

TIP. 18: Can't hear anything~

When you start the game for the first time or reinstall the game, surely you will notice there isn't any sound. Well now, stop looking around your computer's settings and go to RO2's Audio Settings. (ESC -> Audio Settings)
You will notice Master Volume. See how there's a tick in the black square with weird letters beside it? Those letters read "Mute", even if it is a bit hard to notice at first. Just untick the black square and you will get your sound back.

TIP. 19: Vadon Z/Kaiser will aggro you!

Yes he will! When you enter MVP zone, be wary. Vadon Z/Kaiser(Depends) is at the entrance, below ground. He will appear once you move a little after he starts attacking you, but you WON'T be able to target him first if he just spawned and is still below ground.
Have your potions ready~~~~

TIP.20: Just don't try funny stuff at Alfheim Dungeon.

It will end up in you falling through a map loop and receiving +8K HP Fall-damage and probably getting stuck without being able to respawn.

TIP.21: Quests are cute!... But not all that useful.

In all honesty, don't lose your time with quests just yet... Well, now they are a bit more helpful. You can use Equipment Exchange Coupons to trade full sets of normal-low leveled armors (Depending on the city, NPC and coupons you have.)

On a note from me, I still think it's better to just hunt for the equipment in mob-fighting... But if you enjoy questing and whatnot, why not? It's not like you lose anything, and the extra armors could be useful.

TIP.22: Hodemimes' Mailbox is beside the Tavern.

I repeat: Hodemimes' Mailbox is beside the Tavern.

TIP. 23: Kafra storage is not shared.

You may send items/money to your other character(s) by using the Mailbox. Just send them as if they were another normal player.

TIP.24: If you want money, go kill at Poro Island.

Alfheim -> Alfheim Forest -> Poro Island
At level 50+ you may start killing here (If you don't get killed by Zinopas on the way there.), not only you will get the most useful/higher level items killing the mobs in here, you will also be able to sell tons of items for 75~150 Zenny each.
Mobs are level 64+, though. So you might want to buy tons, billions of potions if you aren't in an even situation.

TIP.25: Pull back! (Kitting)
(Thanks to: Cenny)

Whatever did you think when you read that, dirty little one~

In most of your training spots at level 40+ you will be able to avoid getting hit (if you do this appropiately) by walking back whilst fighting an enemy.
It works best for Recruits, where you will probably never get hit, not even once. You can do it with all classes, but it is likely will you get hit here and there sometimes.
Just... bear in mind there are walls, trees, rocks or other things behind you, so... you might suddenly not be able to keep on walking back and be mauled.

TIP.26: Cenny's guide to your usual training spots.

1-25 Hodemimes/Prontera Plains

25-45 or 50 Cognito Plains/Forest of Echos/Blue Echo(Accesed through Forest of Echos)

50-70 Alfheim Forest and if you are feeling brave Poro Island (Bears and Baby Poro)

70+
Poro Island (Mama's Papa's Gentle etc..) Battle Poros hit extremely
hard and are agressive avoid training near them. You will not be able
to kite these guys as they will continue to attack and they hit for
roughly 2k and crit for 3.5k. Once things start getting slow take a
walk over to Sacred Fire Forest (Alfheim Dungeon). Goblin Mobs here
range from 60-mid 70s and there are willows that I beleive are 77. Some
goblin mobs drop 70+ Equips. Also try and take on some MVP's with
friends....

This is just my view on training. Where you train is up to you. If this helps great.

Damian's Note: Recall to always be careful while training in Sacred Fire Forest! You could fall in a map loop!

These are the first ones, I will add more as I believe suitable.
As these are random tips, please feel free to provide yours.

Last edited by Damian on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Damian
Damian

Number of posts : 82
In Game Name : Damian / Cosmas
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough. Empty Re: [GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough.

Post by Shinful Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 am

Lol~ nice tips! XD~
Shinful
Shinful

Number of posts : 118
In Game Name : Sin, Shin
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough. Empty Re: [GUIDE] In-Game tips for smooth playthrough.

Post by Elixa Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 pm

A- The monster is past the celling. This only applies mostly in Culvert
Dungeon of Prontera, as it is bugged and 90% of the monsters spawn like
this.

only lvl 2 is bugged, the rest does work.
Elixa
Elixa
Admin

Number of posts : 314
In Game Name : Elixa / [ADM]Elixa
Registration date : 2009-03-14

http://www.aegisro2.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Elixa wrote:
A- The monster is past the celling. This only applies mostly in Culvert
Dungeon of Prontera, as it is bugged and 90% of the monsters spawn like
this.

only lvl 2 is bugged, the rest does work.

Oh? Last time I was there I was still being aggroed... Well, might have been coincidence.

Fixed.
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondie Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Woot! Because of its awesomeness, I shall place it in the Guides Forum! XD
Mondie
Mondie
Admin

Number of posts : 342
In Game Name : Chutsie/[GM]Mondie
Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://aegisn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Mondie wrote:Woot! Because of its awesomeness, I shall place it in the Guides Forum! XD

^^; Thanks much.

Updated it a little bit.
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cenny Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Just like to add that a majority of the mobs will drop equips relivant to their level, however there has been occasions where I have seen level 50 mobs drop level 75 equips.

Also Training:

1-25 Hood/Pront

25-45 or 50 Cog/Forest of Echos/Blue Echo

50-70 Alfheim Forest and if you are feeling brave Poro Island (Bears and Baby Poro)

70+ Poro Island (Mama's Papa's Gentle etc..) Battle Poros hit extremely hard and are agressive avoid training near them. You will not be able to kite these guys as they will continue to attack and they hit for roughly 2k and crit for 3.5k. Once things start getting slow take a walk over to Sacred Fire Forest (Alfheim Dungeon). Goblin Mobs here range from 60-mid 70s and there are willows that I beleive are 77. Some goblin mobs drop 70+ Equips. Also try and take on some MVP's with friends....

This is just my view on training. Where you train is up to you. If this helps great.
Cenny
Cenny

Number of posts : 19
In Game Name : Cenny
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Updatey~ Thanks for the contribution.
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinful Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Mondie wrote:Woot! Because of its awesomeness, I shall place it in the Guides Forum! XD

Hey!! what about my awesome swordie ultimate guide? RAWR!!
Shinful
Shinful

Number of posts : 118
In Game Name : Sin, Shin
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuna Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:07 am

Damian wrote:
TIP.21: Quests are cute!... And worthless!

In all honesty, don't lose your time with quests just yet. They aren't worth it on the slightest. Maybe later they will, just... not yet.
After today's patch, it might be a bit more useful now since coupon exchange should work now.

Damian wrote:
TIP.25: Pull back! (Thanks to: Cenny)

Whatever did you think when you read that, dirty little one~

Perhaps you should name it to something more suitable like the original term for it known as "Kiting" or "Kite" whichever you prefer Razz This method works well for all range class, so note that it works wonders for Enchanters as well, not just Recruits^^. It's how I'm able to solo MVPs using my enchanter hehe... :]
Tuna
Tuna
Game Masters

Number of posts : 295
In Game Name : Tuna / [GM]Tuna
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:11 am

Oh, right, forggot to include the patch thing. (I thought I had... x_x I am growing old... lol)

And well, regarding the Kite thing. It's... a term I had never heard before...
So I will leave both things, and make it clearer I wasn't talking about Recruits only, too. ^^
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuna Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:33 am

Lol, I thought a lot of people knew that term Razz, it's a common strategy used with characters who attacks while luring. Works great with DoT (Damage over Time) skills such as poison, bleed, etc. I guess the way they got the term "Kite" is from how you're luring the enemy and moving back at the same time sorta like you're backing up to get kite to move upward lol xD so yeah. I mentioned kiting on my Enchanter guide too lol. It plays a huge role for them in this game, with that, fighting stronger mobs is possible and a lot easier to be done too :]
Tuna
Tuna
Game Masters

Number of posts : 295
In Game Name : Tuna / [GM]Tuna
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Well, it inneed plays a big role in some parts, but... Do you think it is meant to be like this?
I mean, some mobs can attack you easily even if you try to move back, and only mobs around Alfheim Forest or Poro Island seem to go fully accordingly to what you would expect from "Kitting". o_o
It would seem as if it wasn't intended for you to be able to do it, and as if it was just a targeting lag matter. o_o;;
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragoon Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:52 am

some monsters there are a bit glitched and have a delay before they actually face and attack you, so it's much easier to kite them.

recruit does seem to be the best class to use kiting cause you can constantly walk back and shoot at the same time.

also i keep thinking you said kitten when you spelled it that way lol.
Dragoon
Dragoon
Game Masters

Number of posts : 65
In Game Name : DragoonDart/[sub-GM]Dart
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:54 am

Don't worry, I thought he said knitting at first... lol
Damian
Damian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down